Crispy Oven Broiled Liempo (Original recipe from Panlasang Pinoy)
1. Boil water and let it steam. I used a rice cooker and it worked perfect.
2. Arrange the pork belly in the steamer, cover and steam for 40 minutes.
3. Remove the pork belly from the steamer and let it cool.
4. Rub salt and pepper all over the steamed pork belly.
5. Set the oven to broil mode and preheat to 510 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Arrange the pork belly in a greased oven safe tray or plate and broil for 15 to 17 minutes.
7. Flip the pork belly so that the opposite side will be facing up. Continue to broil for another 12 to 15 minutes or until texture starts to get crispy.
8. Chop the broiled pork belly the way you prefer. Ready to serve.