RSS

Tawas City, Michigan

05 Sep

Travelling has always been for me a constant battle against curiosity and my recent trip to Michigan with my hubby is a proof. Passing by cities and towns with unique names had left me asking the origin of each names and Tawas City was not spared from the hook. Some claim that “Tawas” is derived from the word “Ottawas” asserting that the Ottawa Indians once inhabited the area. However, historical information contends that the name was after the leader of the Saginaw band Chippewas, who were actually the first to camp along Tawas Bay,old Chief O-ta-was.

What I love about Tawas City? It overlooks beautiful Lake Huron on Michigan’s Sunrise Side Coastal Highway Heritage Route!

View of Lake Huron in Michigan from Tawas City Gateway Park.

View of Lake Huron in Michigan from Tawas City Gateway Park.

Lake Huron as viewed in Tawas City, Michigan.

Lake Huron as viewed in Tawas City, Michigan.

View of Lake Huron in Michigan from Tawas City Gateway Park.

View of Lake Huron in Michigan from Tawas City Gateway Park.

View of Lake Huron in Michigan from Tawas City Gateway Park.

View of Lake Huron in Michigan from Tawas City Gateway Park.

Hubby and I in Tawas City Gateway Park with Lake Huron as our background.

Hubby and I in Tawas City Gateway Park with Lake Huron as our background.

Check on Google Street View below for additional information:

A Pol

3. Sydney Fong

September 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Hi I love the view of Lake Huron , how I wish can stay there

• apple.e.e-s.

September 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM

it is truly beautiful and worth a visit. i am now wondering if singapore has lakes. do you know?

• Sydney Fong

September 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM

we don’t have lake but we do have reservoirs and mangroves and many trees and plants,is not too bad as a little city,

• apple.e.e-s.

September 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

singapore is very beautiful. i visited your city about 3 years ago and it was superb. i was hoping we have leaders as great as yours.